This will be my final blog entry for the school year. On Monday afternoon Sean Musselman will do squid dissection with all of our fifth graders in the cafeteria! This is a great event to cap off the final full day of the school year. Please make sure your child does not wear any new clothing on that day.
It was great seeing so many of you at the Fifth Grade Reception on Thursday. The fifth graders did a wonderful job and enjoyed the day from start to finish!
In terms of the final academic tasks we completed this year they were as follows:
- Planet Posters in science
- African Proverb interpretation sketches in ELA as well as open response essays on the chapter book Bud Not Buddy involving the book's central themes
- The writing of persuasive essays in social studies
- Addition and subtraction of fractions and mixed numbers as well as multiplication of fractions
- Creation of line plots and graphing on coordinate planes
The children displayed excellent effort to accomplish the work that needed to be completed in June and I am proud of their efforts.